Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Saturday, July 31, 2010

On closing July

I've done it again – let too much time slip by without updating. I feel you have all managed nonetheless J. So much to tell: I had surgery this past Monday. Girl stuff; it's always something (thanks Eve. Hope the apple was worth it). No big deal really, but there's always the scare of the "C" word. Cancer terrifies me; I saw it devour my mother from the inside out when I was a kid. It's the stuff therapy is made of, folks. Good news though; none of that to worry about!

My surgery came the day after my niece and her kids left our home for a brief summer visit. It's been a while since I spent that much time with her. She is still adorable and, as I see it, carefree. Her oldest daughter and I butted heads. I will never be so laid back as to allow a 16 yr old child to do as she pleases, at least not in my home. I am still amazed. Miss them, but glad she's gone. I hope for her sake she grows up, and quickly.

My husband and I have raised four (our youngest moves into the dorm for the first time Aug 13), and I am convinced each of them tried to kill us through various mediums. All except my son, that is. He is an angel in a 260 lb body. Raising children is bloody, messy work. It's worth it, but you have to be forged of steel, resist the urge to be a crier (I'm awful), and grow the famed money tree out back. I wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world, but I wouldn't go back and do it again, either. I am selfishly looking forward to making decisions based on what I want, what's best for me, rather than for the little people I helped create. Guess that's the normal course of life anyway.

Well enough of that. I am sitting here enjoying the deafening quiet in my home, and I think I'll continue doing just that. It will end soon enough, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!