Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Aging is not for the weak

Today has been an eye opener for me. I have spent literally all day running from one doctor to the next. I have become the woman I used to look at and shake my head in false empathy. In truth I was thinking, "thank God that's not me and never will be." I was wrong.

I kicked off the festivities today by seeing my "female" doctor. I hate that term, but it's the least offensive I can think of. I have spent nearly a year with several physicians figuring out why I'm having such difficulties. The solution is in place, so to speak, but now it's a waiting game to see whether it works. Let's face it folks…you only get 12 shots a year to see what's changed.

OK from that appointment, on to lend a sympathetic ear to a friend of ours going through a difficult divorce. It's unsettling to me how much I can relate to such problems. I can though, so I may as well put my powers to good use. J

From that session, I went to see my physical therapist. Why? Because every moving part I have hurts. Aches. Throbs. The major offender right now, however, is my neck. I think it's misshaped or something. The only part of the doctor's diagnosis I recall is when he said "these things come with age." Did my head get bigger and heavier over the years? My neck scrawnier? What does that mean, exactly?

Next week, I get to work on other areas with different doctors. It's a vicious cycle, like owning a house. Fix one thing, and five more crop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!