Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summertime, and the livin’ is expensive

OK it's been a while since I updated, and I apologize. You've all heard me whine enough about the impending graduation; well, it's almost here – Wednesday in fact! It's exciting, sad, nerve-wracking and exhilarating all at the same time. But it's here, nonetheless.

I am amazed at the amount of money it takes to assist your child with his/her exit from school. Oh of course the expenses I mention are all voluntary: the graduation party, the graduation present, the photos, ceremonies, garb, paperwork….and that precedes the college expenses (actually, those started about a year ago, too). And don't forget to throw in a vacation or two this summer. Those, in fact, are mandatory.

Truth be told folks, I am secretly intrigued by this coming stage of life. Kids on their own (for the most part), we're young enough to still enjoy each other and a lot of new activities. It'll be like dating without all the pressure!!! Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!