Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ahhh. Day One of the New Me.

Well, I guess it'd be more accurate to say, "Day One of Me, Continued." I got back into the gym this morning. It's been almost 3 weeks, I'm ashamed to say. It had gotten to the point that I could feel my fat cells multiplying in record numbers. My read end has taken on the shape of my chair. I am amazed at the amount of damage I do to my body simply by neglecting workouts and getting lazy about what I eat, even for a relatively brief period of time. I can't really blame it on age, I suppose. I've been this way since the day I was born.

In truth, I dreaded walking back into the gym this morning. I was somehow sure they had done a complete and hired an entirely new staff in the weeks I was absent. As it turned out, the remodel wan't complete; it was just enough to be noticed, to accuse me of being away too long as I walked past the weight machines. Most of the old staff was still there, but there were a few new faces.

The biggest change I noticed was all the new members in the gym. Then I remembered, it is the beginning of January - New Year's resolutions and all, you know. The gym will be pretty packed through, maybe, March. Then the numbers will dwindle back down to the faithful diehards. It's that way every year. I like to think of myself as a diehard, but then again, I skipped practically the entire month of December. Oh, the guilt.

I am happy to report, though, that I got over myself and my guilt as soon as I hit the cardio equipment, and purposeful moving felt good. Once I was on the weights, I felt as though I had never missed a day. The first day is always the hardest.

I will be sore tomorrow, that's for sure. That's OK. It's reaffirming proof that I did, in fact, return to the land of the active and healthy. Now, I have to tackle that "be more organized" thing. I really hate that one. It gets me every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!