Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Still have your high school yearbooks? Read this before you get too nostalgic.

As many of you know, I just turned 50. I have whined, complained, joked and philosophized about it for days. OK weeks. Really, the only thing I hate about it is the fact that I think more now. I mean, I think more about the "what-ifs" and "do-I-still-remembers." To that end, I dragged out my high school yearbooks today. Not sure why really, except that I wanted to look that far back in time and see how different I was. How different everyone was. Or maybe how similar we still are. Bad mistake.

First, I looked pretty good, for a kid. I remember hating my body, my face, my looks in general, as a teenager. Just goes to show you that perspective is everything. Also goes to show you that we girls are very hard on ourselves from a young age.

Second, my boyfriend at the time looked pretty dorky. My mother and my sister never missed an opportunity to tell me that he'd never amount to anything. I believe I heard somewhere years ago that he is now a Navy doctor. Haha again, just goes to show you that perspective is everything, and that mama ain't always right, Hope my daughter isn't reading this.

And third, when I read all the comments and notes people wrote in my yearbook lo those many years ago, I read something totally different into them. Lots of innuendo, double entendre, and lots of just plain teen stupidity. Is the difference me now, or was it me then? J

Told you I think too much now. I'll stop all this. I vacillate between boring myself and scaring myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!