Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A man should be good with his hands

Oh stop. Not that way. I mean a man should be capable around the house. If something's broken, he should be able to fix it. If something needs to be replaced, he should be able to do that, too. He should be comfortable around power tools. He should at least know how to diagnose a problem with a car. I understand that these days, you need a Ph.D. in Engineering to change the oil, but that's OK. That's what they make car dealerships and auto shops for.

I am blessed to be married to a man who will likely be the last man standing in the event of a nuclear holocaust. His survival skills are incredible. You name the situation, he can fix it, build it or make it better. I have girlfriends who are married to men that are less useful than the furniture in their homes. They have no skills whatsoever. Some don't even take out the garbage. What's the point, ladies? If it's strictly his earning potential, a good divorce attorney can help you help yourself to that, if that's what makes you tick. I don't think I could look at a man with anything resembling respect if he can't do at least minor household repairs.

Now, my hat's off to a woman who can play that role in a relationship. I also have girlfriends (typically, the ones who are married to unskilled lumps) who have mad talents in the repair department. One of them actually asked for a power drill for her birthday! I can't imagine that. If my husband gave me a power drill as a gift, I would perform one job, and one job only, with that drill. Use your imagination.

Now, to keep the topic centered around the "white trash" theme, a white trash man can fix anything, and I do mean ANYTHING. All it takes is a 12-pack of beer, a nagging wife (or reasonable facsimile) and a roll of duct tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!