Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Thanksgiving week. Breathe with me.

Well it's here folks. That glorious time of year between the end of November and the beginning of January, filled with parties, dinners, presents, decorations and family. The HOLIDAYS. No one sees the HOLIDAYS as a gray area. People have very definite feelings where they're concerned. They either love them or hate them. No in-between. Ever.

My personal opinion is that these strong feelings are directly attributable to family. I think God crammed all the family holidays in at the end of the year to give us time to forget how horrible the experience was last year. I love Thanksgiving, and I love Christmas.

My family has it figured out. My siblings and I do not spend the holidays together. We may see each other briefly during November or December, but never for an extended period of time and NEVER all at the same time. Our dynamics are not conducive to that, at all. That's OK though. At least we recognize that fact and don't try to force the issue. When the issue is forced, the outcome is never good, no matter whose family we're talking about. I examine this phenomenon in my book, and I'm sure that many of you can relate to what I'm saying here.

So let the preparations begin, let the skilled cooks create their culinary masterpieces for all to enjoy, and let the wine flow freely and in great quantities. For all of these, I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!