Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The contrition of a politician

I love it. I do. Politicians (I'm not talking about statesmen here. I'm talking smarmy politicians) blow this way and that, following public opinion, saying whatever's expedient. I have listened to the fallout interviews in these two days since the elections, and I just shake my head. Apparently the house-cleaning performed by American voters Tuesday was the slap many of them needed, jolting them out of their railroading ways and back into reality. They are making excuses for their shameful actions of the past two years by saying, "Gee. We were just so swept up in doing what's right for the American people that we forgot to listen to the American people."

O.K. Uh, in other words, you're saying you were in an Obama-induced trance and weren't truly aware of what you were doing, am I right?

"Why yes, you ignorant, easily-led taxpayer, that's exactly what I'm saying."

This is a quote, sometimes attributed to Cicero around 55 BC; in other places, I've seen it attributed to Taylor Caldwell's fictionalized account of the life of the great Roman senator. Either way, the words are profound and could just as easily have been written about the U.S. just yesterday:

"The budget should be balanced. The treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

The people who fund the choices of the government are not the ones who sit back – hand out, entitled, disgruntled. They are the ones who work HONESTLY, pay their taxes HONESTLY (there goes the Wall Street faction), and vote their conscience HONESTLY. I was beginning to think that we were a precious few. We are certainly nearing the minority. But after Tuesday, I feel more confident that, if you push people far and hard enough, they will eventually push back even harder. I hope we don't lose that human trait. It's the foundation of a Republic.

No, this post has nothing to do with white trash, unless you consider those who benefit from some of the policies forced on Americans by bleeding heart POLITICIANS who shield their own families from their own choices. I'm talking about the policies that reward laziness, dishonesty, and cohabiting and reproducing without the benefit of marriage.

And how many senators' kids do you think attend public school with "undocumented students" (aka illegals)? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!