Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Friday, November 5, 2010

Do you believe in reincarnation?

I don't. It doesn't mesh with my belief system. But I can pretend, can't I? If we really are reincarnated and get the chance to come back to this earth to reap what we have sown, I want to come back as one of my dogs. I realize that I'd have to be very, very good for the rest of my life in order to earn that distinction, but I'd give it a try.

I got up at 4:15 this morning and got my husband out the door and on his way to the airport. One down. I got my son up at 5 to go to work (my services are usually not necessary in this regard, but 5 is exceptionally early). Got him out the door (two down), then I showered and got my daughter out of bed. She is home from school, and she and I had to get on the road by 6:30 to go to orientation for the school to which she's transferring in the Spring. During this approximate two-hour span of time, I let the dogs outside to do their business, fed them and gave them fresh water, and pretty much just stepped over them while they slept and I got ready.

When we walked back in the door about 6 hours later, my dogs were asleep in the exact spots we left them in. I don't think either of them had even rolled over. I promptly let them back outside to "go potty," then gave them treats on jobs well done.

As I write this, they are both sleeping by a cozy fire. I am wracking my brain to come up with a lead for the story I'm currently writing. They are dreaming about chasing rabbits and waterless doggie baths, and I'm agonizing over the fact that the one interview I really want will be the hardest to land.

I wonder if I'd get bored sleeping all day, waking just to eat and go outside for a few minutes. Maybe I'll get to find out some day, but I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!