Do you ever find yourself amused (and amazed) by peoples' white trash antics?
Sure you do.
Southern Fried White Trash takes a humorous look at the unbelievable mindset of the national subculture (and Southern specialty) we affectionately refer to as "white trash."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ahh, Summertime

Another drought – I am simply letting time get away from me, and for that I apologize. It's been too long, faithful reader(s)! Our family is enjoying a wonderful, albeit hot, summer. The time is passing much too quickly.

I am happy to say we just enjoyed a visit from my niece and her two beautiful children, ages 16 and 10. It was so much fun being with the kids and her, too. We did wonderfully tourist-y things here in Atlanta, like visit the Georgia Aquarium (AMAZING) and the World of Coke (a great excuse for caffeine, and lots of it. YAWN). I did not get to go to Six Flags with them, as my work commitments would have cut the day short, but I was secretly disappointed about missing that adventure. I have always loved roller coasters, and truthfully I just wanted to see if I could walk my 49-year-old self all over that park like I did 30 years ago!

The 10-year-old was a real treat, as it's been a while since I've spent time with one of those. He's an energetic, funny little guy who eats 3 things, and that's it: Frosted Flakes, peanut butter and white bread. In a pinch, he'll eat queso dip, but not much. He's very bright, and he gave my dog Chester a run for his money. All in all, a great week.

My daughter leaves for the beach this week. She is travelling with her boyfriend's family. At first I was a little bit nervous about this, but I had to remind myself that she has been taught right from wrong, she is an 18-year-old college student (gulp), and we know where her boyfriend lives. A parent will do anything to be able to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and invite you back anytime!